It’s safe to say no one enjoys cleaning their window blinds Vancouver and other coverings. It’s time consuming, finicky and you have to be careful considering the material you’re cleaning.
So, how do we go about cleaning our window blinds Vancouver and other window treatments?
There are a number of things you can do to make your cleaning routine a little more low-maintenance and minimize the risk of ingrained dirt and stains.
Every time you clean, take a few minutes to dust or vacuum your blinds or shutters. Adding this easy form of maintenance to your cleaning routine will simplify your life in the long run.
Do a proper dusting once a month to eliminate built-up dirt, dust and debris. This can greatly improve the condition of anyone who suffers from allergy, asthma or other conditions.
Do a deep spring clean (not just during spring, but every season).
Cleaning Real Wood Blinds & Shutters
- Never submerge your real wood blinds or shutters in water.
- Never soak them or get them wet.
- Dust them and use furniture polish or oil made for wood to keep them clean, healthy and shiny.
- For stains and deeply ingrained dirt, use a white cotton cloth (minimizes the chances of colour transfer) with a little bit of warm soapy water to gently clean the area.
Vertical Blinds – Fabric or Vinyl
- Vacuum from top to bottom on both sides of the vanes
- Use a white cotton cloth with warm soapy water to clean badly soiled vanes
- For a thorough wash, unmount the vanes and submerge in warm soapy water. Clean with a sponge.
- Fabric vanes can be washed in the dryer, however, you should get in touch with us first for proper instructions before attempting it yourself.
Deep Cleaning Blinds – Vinyl & Aluminum
- Unmount blinds and lay them down in a bathtub full of warm water
- Mix in some white vinegar to loosen dirt and stains and dishwashing soap to degrease and wash
- Use a soft sponge to gently wash every side of the blind
- Use a toothbrush for nooks and crannies
Are you looking to update your old window treatments? At Express, we offer a wide selection of budget-friendly, high-quality window blinds Vancouver, shutters and drapes from world-leading brands. If you’re unsure of how to clean your new window coverings, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!